User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Buses World News: Dangerous Story - Kenya - Passenger Tells of Unsettling Experience On 'Flying' Bus
Google
 

Buses World News

In brief: Worldwide montly news & informations about Buses, Busmakers, Passengers' and the Transport Industry

22.8.06

Dangerous Story - Kenya - Passenger Tells of Unsettling Experience On 'Flying' Bus

Nairobi,Kenya -The East African Standard/AllAfrica.com (Washington,USA), by Dann OkothNairobi -August 21, 2006: -- It is early in the morning on July 29 and I am on a bus belonging to a popular bus company heading to Nairobi from western Kenya. The journey proceeds on well until we pass Kericho when it suddenly picks up speed... I am strategically seated next to the conductor just one row away from the driver and I can clearly see the dashboard. I notice that the driver does about 140 to 160 kilometres per hour on most sections of the road between Kericho and Kedowa town, which is well past the recommended speed of 80kph... Meanwhile I engage the conductor, who all this time appears so cool as though nothing is amiss in a conversation about their work. It is then that I receive the rude shock. The conductor tells me that they make two trips between Busia and Nairobi - more than 1,400km - in just 18 hours. As if it is nothing out of the ordinary, the conductor proceeds to narrate to me how the crew including the driver have just a little more than 15 minutes to rest before they embark on the next journey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home