User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Buses World News: HYBRID-ELECTRIC BUSES * USA - City Of Raleigh Unveils New $565,000 buses
Google
 

Buses World News

In brief: Worldwide montly news & informations about Buses, Busmakers, Passengers' and the Transport Industry

17.2.09

HYBRID-ELECTRIC BUSES * USA - City Of Raleigh Unveils New $565,000 buses

Raleigh,NC,USA -The City of Raleigh has purchased four new clean burning hybrid diesel-electric buses that will serve a free route that will circle downtown and will even run late on weekends. The City of Raleigh also says they may try and fuel the buses with used cooking grease... Called the "R-Line" or Downtown Circulator, the buses will circle around downtown Raleigh as part of a new free service that will run about every 10 or 15 minutes... According to the city, the buses use a hybrid diesel-electric drive which allows the use of battery power during portions of the route, allowing the vehicles to run much cleaner than normal diesel buses... However, the new vehicles are not cheap. The city transit department said that each of the four new buses cost around $565,000 apiece, putting the pricetag at $2.26 million for this initial purchase... The city added that 80% of the funds came from federal tax dollars, with 10% from the city and an additional 10% from other local government funds...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

A few days back I was browsing the Internet as I was worried about my car performance and wanted a product that could restore the MPG to what it was when I bought my car. I found this great site power enhancer which sells a variety of automotive products to boost vehicle performance. I found exactly what I was looking for and saw great results with their product. I was also very happy with the quick delivery of the product.


I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking to boost their vehicle performance and restore the lost power and MPG.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home