User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Buses World News: PASSENGER'S STORY * USA - My first bus ride to work
Google
 

Buses World News

In brief: Worldwide montly news & informations about Buses, Busmakers, Passengers' and the Transport Industry

9.4.09

PASSENGER'S STORY * USA - My first bus ride to work

Bay City,MI,USA -The Bay City Times/mlive, by Ryan J. Stanton -March 29, 2009: -- They say there's a first time for everything. So, after three years of living in Bay City, I decided Wednesday it was high time I had experienced Bay Metro Transit for myself so I took the bus to work... Carefully, I planned out my route the night before by logging on to www.baymetro.com. I found out I could hop on the No. 10 bus at the Kroger store - about a two-minute walk from my humble abode - and arrive safely in downtown Bay City via a straight shot down Center Avenue... I was pleasantly surprised to find the bus remarkably clean, and the seating comfortable. No sticky floors, no bad smells and no wacky passengers - contrary to popular misconceptions. In fact, the seven people I met proved to be good companions for conversation... Toward the end of the ride, I found the two people I was looking for: People going to work. After all, this week is "Take the Bus to Work Week" and that's why I'm writing this.. "We've got a good transportation system here," he said sincerely. "It's real convenient, especially when it's raining."... I arrived at the downtown bus station at 7:20 a.m., right on schedule, and just in time for a three-block walk to work in the rain. Of course, in all my careful planning, I forgot an umbrella... (Photo Bay City Times, by Cathy Layman - Reporter Ryan Stanton chats with fellow Metro bus rider Mildred, who was taking the bus home from her third-shift job at a local youth shelter)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home