User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Buses World News: Poverty * Ethiopia - Buses: The devil's spawn
Google
 

Buses World News

In brief: Worldwide montly news & informations about Buses, Busmakers, Passengers' and the Transport Industry

27.7.07

Poverty * Ethiopia - Buses: The devil's spawn

Ethiopian buses are the worst form of transportation I have ever used...

Ethiopy -Josh Cohen, by josh (Sanghai,China) -July 23, 2007: -- I would like to finish our adventure in the south, but this ethiopian bus rant has been brewing in my head for some time... Even worse than the horrible experience i had in the 4ft high cargo hold of the Thai ferry, worse than the pickup truck in Cambodia crammed with 20-some people in the back...at least those were one-off things... In Ethiopia, unless you pay to fly or rent a car your only choice to get around is the government run bus system... After having spent roughly 5 full days of my 3 weeks in Ethiopia riding on these buses I think I am experienced enough to comment on them... I was pre-warned by other travellers when I was in Uganda about how bad the buses are, but nothing prepared me for the misery I have endured... In fact, I was going to stay here another week, but the thought of taking one more of these 12 hour bus rides makes me sick, so i'm leaving this country once i find a flight out... Finally, you arrive at your destination, only to meet the plonkers at the bus station trying to overcharge you for a room, children screaming "You You You," and everyone staring at your everywhere you look. You want to cry, but that's just what they want, so you suck it up, fight off the parasites, find a room and lay down. You get some dinner, go to sleep, only to do it again the next day, because it takes 2 full days of travelling to go 300 miles in this country, the roads are just that bad. ..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home