User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Buses World News: Story - USA - L.A. bus worker calls it quits at 100
Google
 

Buses World News

In brief: Worldwide montly news & informations about Buses, Busmakers, Passengers' and the Transport Industry

24.3.06

Story - USA - L.A. bus worker calls it quits at 100

Los Angeles,Cal,USA -CBC News (Canada) -22 Mar 2006: -- A bus maintenance worker in will mark his 100th birthday Wednesday by retiring after more than 70 years on the job... "I'm kind of nervous about leaving the job, I've been doing it for so long," Arthur Winston told at a ceremony held in his honour... "I'm going to miss my crew, but I'll find plenty of things to do with my free time"... According to transit officials, Winston had a near-perfect attendance record. The only work day he ever missed was when his wife of 65 years died in 1988... (Photo: Rick Jager - Courtesy: Metropolitan Transportation Authority: Arthur Winston in 2003)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home